Tuesday, October 9, 2012

How can FRENDS,ART&LOVE Take You Out of Depression

I just recently finished reading It's Kinda Of A Funny Story by, Ned Vizzini. When I finished the book I was thinking about how Craig healed. It took friends, art, and love.
Craig got depressed in the first place because he was so stressed about getting in to "Executive Pre-Professional High School". He wouldn't want to hangout with Aaron(his best friend), Nia(the girl he like also Aaron's Girlfriend). He studied and work his a** off so much but then Aaron also gets in the high school without studying like Craig. He also doesn't like how Aaron got Nia he couldn't. I would be very mad and upset too! What?! How does this boy get the girl and he gets in to the high school, HES BETTER THAN ME!  that's what I would think. I would feel stupid and worthless.I was so proud of Craig when he was out, I might be overreacting but I actually felt... I don't know, free? relived? I felt like Craig would feel like a whole new person. On the bottom of page 443 and top of 444 he was saying things he should do but the readers too. I thought it was funny.

Anyway, haven't you ever felt like someone was better than you or better at something. Better test grades, better hair, better shoes. Better everything? Craig saw at Six North that none of those things mattered. He met so many people at 6N that they became his FRIENDS.

Craig and I feltlike we knew them Craig saw all these other sick people that he stoped feeling so bad about himself. He had the LOVE of his family and the other mostly didn't even have a family. He thought he was in love with Nia, but I think he was jealous of Aaron in general. BUT  in 6N he met Noelle, now he's in LOVE for real. They're even going to hangout when she gets out of 6N.

ART:Craig also had his awesome map/people drawing skills. I wish I could see his maps for real. I think his maps helped him because Iremebr reading way back in the begging that when Craig was younger he used to get all upset because he couldn't draw the maps so well. And then in 6N when Noelle told him to draw something that made him happy in his childhood he drew maps and everyone complimented him on them. he felt accomplished.
+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#





7 comments:

  1. I really liked your title it made me click your blog right away.Also i loved how you put the word friends,art and love in bold to show your evidence.Speaking of evidence I really liked it when you wrote the pages so that anyone can look it up on the book and understand more about what your trying to say. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sam , I think that this is a really good blog post because you explained how Craig felt. I just recently read this book but I wrote about how Craig used drawings as an escape. But good job I never really thought about this perspective in the story. I agree with you and Craig I would feel the same way if I saw one of my friends doing great at something and seeing myself not succeeding like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! I read this book before! one of my favorite books! great blog post!I love how you put the page numbers just like Michelle said ^_^ and you wrote this blog with your voice. you made it sound like you were talking to a friend about the book !!! awesome blog, loved it, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read the same book and you did an amazing job organizing your blog. You placed your thoughts into separate paragraphs so it doesn't seem like your ideas are all over the place. You should keep up the good work! Great details, and also throughout the blog I liked how you said Love, Friends and Art and continued to expand on them as you wrote your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. i'm not sure what to think. i think i'll try reading it. and i can relate to craig. sometimes i feel worthless too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent read this book yet but i like how you put all thoughts into diferent paragraphs and you elaborate on your thoughts and really say things about the book that can help a reader think abiut the book

    ReplyDelete